Mentors and peers
Support for Our Music Teachers
Musikgarten supports your decision to become an early childhood music teacher and build your business even before you come to a workshop or webinar. A member of our staff will contact you in advance to discuss your goals, plans and dreams for your own business and music teacher career.
We can help you:
- Decide on a suitable location if you are interested in establishing a studio.
- Identify the pros and cons of different types of business setups.
- Formulate a marketing plan and budget.
- Identify the training assignments and needed materials you'll want to have prior to attending your music teacher training.
During the training, the presenter will address everything you need to get started, including children's music curricular activities and repertoire, music learning theory, child development, and strategies for starting and growing your business. Class demonstrations and practice teaching sessions are also included for a comprehensive view of the training topic.
Our support continues after the teacher training with follow-up communications to answer questions or to help you with other needs you may have as you begin to implement your business plan. And as a newly-trained Musikgarten music teacher, you will receive Seeds for Growth, a monthly newsletter written specifically for new licensees. E-newsletters are also available on other topics as you progress in your business.
Now that you've decided on a career as a Musikgarten early childhood music teacher, you probably have questions about starting your own business. For our Musikgarten teachers, we supply an easy to follow business manual that will help you find the answers. Of course, we will continue to provide the personal support that Musikgarten has become known for, answering any questions you might have along the way.
- What kind of children's music program to provide
- Running a private studio or being part of an organization
- Running the business out of your home or renting separate space
- When to schedule music classes, and how many music classes to offer each day
- How much to charge for each session
- What materials are needed for the family
- What kind of income should be expected in the first year as a music teacher
- How to get students
- The kinds of tools offered to help assist with marketing
- Necessary licensing and administration for running a Musikgarten business
Our comprehensive children's music curricula, insightful training on the art of teaching music, and business support + your hard work and energy = SUCCESS
Contact Us to find out more about our summer workshops, webinars, discounts or to register.
Free your mind, body, and spirit! Every two years, Musikgarten holds a special festival for teachers in a tranquil setting for an inspiring combination of instruction and interaction.
- Come sing the songs and dance the dances from all levels of Musikgaten classes.
- Gain insight into new research in the area of music and movement in childhood education.
- Share stories about your studio and hear how your peers address their special issues.
- Enjoy a weekend filled with education, fellowship, and songs with other Musikgarten teachers.
- Festival 2017 Details